SAINT MICHAELS CATHOLIC CHURCH
:: Historic St. Michaels Catholic Church in Tarnov, Nebraska ::
Welcome to the St. Michael’s Church! Located in the village of Tarnov, Nebraska, in the heartland of the United States. The first Polish Catholic parish still operating in Nebraska. Opening in 1901, we are now listed on the National Register of Historic Places! On October 24, 1901, a special train, with passengers, ran from Columbus, NE to Tarnov for the Church dedication. The round trip fare at that time was 80 cents and all visitors were served dinner by the ladies of the parish. The dedication was done by the Bishop, Father Czech, and the help of twenty to thirty additional priests.
Mass is offered every Sunday at 10:30 am. The old school is now the Social Hall and Museum and the old Rectory is rented out for gatherings or overnight stays. Please check out The Michael House tab for more information. We also have the History/Church Directory books available for purchase. A great way to look into your family’s past and a great keepsake to hang onto. More information can be found on the Books tab above.