ELIZABETH CADY STANTON HOMETOWN ASSOCIATION
A Legacy to Empower and Inspire... - Home
Three women incorporated this organization in June 2008 with the intention to honor the life and legacy of Elizabeth Cady Stanton through community service and educational activities and building a membership who will support the organization’s goals, objectives, and bylaws.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton Hometown Association Objectives
- Offer a venue in the historical setting of Elizabeth Cady Stanton’s hometown as a focal point for learning about her life for promotion of the ideas and issues raised by her and the suffrage movement, past, present, and future.
- Provide a hometown forum for speakers and conferences related to the edification and understanding of the life’s work of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and other women of vision.
- Provide a forum to engage in discussions about suffrage and democratic principles advocating equal rights for all, including dissenting opinions to the status quo.
- Encourage discussion and research related to the historical work of suffragists; 19th century and contemporary gender discrimination; and, disproportionate representation in the workplace and government.
- Promote an understanding of the 19th-century life of Elizabeth Cady Stanton through encouraging activities, conferences, and tours that convey her experiences in her hometown and the surrounding region.
- Foster charitable outreach on behalf of women of all ages.
- Promote ad hoc discussions of the literary merit and rhetorical style of Elizabeth Cady Stanton’s writings, particularly her speeches, as well as other female authors. Incorporators: Nancy Baird Brown, Debra A. Kolsrud, and Laurice Salamack Incorporation approved by the New York Secretary of State on June 13, 2008.